Password changed and unable to connect to R6300

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
cgmarsh
cgmarsh's picture
Password changed and unable to connect to R6300

Hi. Today I updated to dd-wrt.v24-33772_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-R6300. All appeared to be OK until I tried to log to the router. It lists as dd-wrt, but I am unable to connect using Netgear default of admin:password, Tomato default of admin:admin, DD-WRT default of root:admin or even OpenWRT default of root:NULL. It is the first time that I have tried any of this stuff, so it looks like I am now zero and one. That is of course that there is someone out there that is able to help me please. Thanks in EAGER anticipation....

cgmarsh
cgmarsh's picture
I can set my P.C. with a

I can set my P.C. with a static address and then ping the R6300 on 192.168.1.1. All looks good, but the password(s) is/are not accepted when I try to connect through the WiFi connection. I am thinking, no password, R6300 converted into shiney new brick... I have looked at some recovery tute's, but nothing that I have seen covers the recovery of erroneous password and they only itterate "what should be" passwords. This is so frustrating, HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP........

Miketbob
Miketbob's picture
I would try rebooting it once

I would try rebooting it once or twice after you press the small reset pin for about 10-15 seconds. Sometimes the flashing doesn't take hold like it should and you need to reflash it again. One more thing just FYI, the default login on my DD-wrt is root/password, I'd suggest you try that.

cgmarsh
cgmarsh's picture
Hi Miketbob. Thanks. I have

Hi Miketbob. Thanks. I have already tried that, but for the password, which doesn't work, but I will travel the process a few times anyway.... Do you think that there is anything in the fact that the R6300 presents itself as dd-wrt, not DD-wrt?