Initial firmware for tomato problem

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
replabrobin
replabrobin's picture
Initial firmware for tomato problem

I'm trying to install advanced tomato from here https://advancedtomato.com/downloads/router/r7000 onto my brand new r7000(ac-1900). I had to go through some minor initial setup with genie to allow me to get to the router update page. The genie version is V1.0.9.64_10.2.64 I tried to install the initial firmware

tomato-R7000-1.28.AT-ARM-3.5-140-initial-64K.chk

but I get an error saying the firmware is not compatible with the router (error -2).

Is there a tomato install that's compatible with this genie?

replabrobin
replabrobin's picture
I found that the freshtomato

I found that the freshtomato 2020.2 initialfirmware worked; the user/password were admin/@newdig; then upgraded to freshtomato 2020.2 aio root/admin.

I find that changing the wlan country doesn't seem to modify the channels. I normally use channel 13 in United Kingdom.

growbo
growbo's picture
Hi after installing the

Hi after installing the inital firmware, I cannot select a file to upgrade the firmware again. I would explect it to display an exporer type interface to allow me to select the file. It doesnt do anything!

Anybody else seen this before?

Cheers

growbo
growbo's picture
Hi, sorted this it was Chrome

Hi, sorted this it was Chrome, switched to Firefox and it worked first time! 

replabrobin
replabrobin's picture
I needed to change the

I needed to change the wireless channel width to 20Mhz in the basic settings before I could see channel 13. And it seems that th default region #a allows all channels anyway.