Please help!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tphat03
Tphat03's picture
Please help!

I am getting pretty big into gaming and my R7000 was not supporting my xbox and everything so I decided to get the tomato firmwre (first time doing all of this). After messing with it for awhile, I really enjoyed parts of it but was getting really bad lag spikes and couldn't figure it out so I decided to go back to the original genie firmware. Upon doing so my router now will not connect me to the internet, I can connect to the router wirelessly, and through an ethernet cord, but can't even connect to router login to login to my router settings. Please somebody help me, I don't have any idea what to do. I've power cycled it 3-4 times and nothing has worked.

mesteele101
mesteele101's picture
As long as you can get back

As long as you can get back into the original Netgear firmware, just contact Netgear but don't mention that you have previously installed a different firmware.

If you have lag then I'm betting it has something to do with your internet connection from your modem back. Make sure you are using quality ethernet cables. I'm assuming you are using a wired connection. Also disable your wireless if not being used.

There are guides  on how to revert back to the original firmware, and I'm assuming you used one of those?

Bobbyv123
Bobbyv123's picture
Hey i had the same problem ,

Hey i had the same problem , try the 30-30-30 reset !! hold the rest button in forthis whole reset or it will not work !! first 30 sec while powered on then just unplug for 30 sec then plug back in  and wait 30 more sec , then let router do its thing , should bring you back to default settings to get your gene back.. hope it helps..

Bobbyv123
Bobbyv123's picture
Look on youtube for this guy

Look on youtube for this guy Richard Lloyd  30-30-30 Reset (Hard-Reset ) DD-WRT  rOUTER nETGEAR !!

mesteele101
mesteele101's picture
The 30-30-30 reset is not

The 30-30-30 reset is not recommended for the R7000 and could brick the router.

mesteele101
mesteele101's picture
https://www.myopenrouter.com
Bobbyv123
Bobbyv123's picture
it worked for my Netgear

it worked for my Netgear R7000 , it works on all routers !!

mesteele101
mesteele101's picture
Yea, until it doesn't. It has

Yea, until it doesn't. It has a ARM processor that makes it very diffecult for it to navagate the process.

Again, it is NOT recommended, and is possibly bricking your router worth it.

mesteele101
mesteele101's picture
https://community.netgear.com