Netgear R7800 with external Hard Drive Array

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Smitty16367
Smitty16367's picture
Netgear R7800 with external Hard Drive Array

Hello Comunity,

I use a Netgear Router R7800 with DD-WRT v3.0-r34900M (Kong Mod) and it works fine, no problem with it. Now I wanna use some kind of an extrernal Hard Drive Array (ee Lian Li ex503) at a usb3.0 - or the eSATA port and set network shares on it. Can anyone give further informations? Is this possible at all? If so, are there any limitations? Can I use the whole raid with it's different raid levels this way? Any thoughts and informations about is very apreciated. Thank you very much.

regards Smitty

e38BimmerFN
e38BimmerFN's picture
You'll need to ask the Mfr of

You'll need to ask the Mfr of the NAS how it's configured and used with there system. The NAS has eSATA and USB and sould connect up to the router. It's all up how the NAS is configured and works there. Also might be best to post about this in the DD-WRT forum aswell. 
Good Luck. 

Smitty16367
Smitty16367's picture
@e38BimmerFN

Thx a lot for your Reply and sorry for my late Response. I didn't talk About a NAS to connect it to my router but a simple HDD box just like an external HDD and I already figered it out. There is no Problem doing that. Just plug in, set usb and NAS Options within DD-WRT an have fun. It'just that simple :-). Thank you very much.
regards