If you're the proud owner of a NETGEAR R8500 "Nighthawk" router and are using the NETGEAR firmware, now's the time to upgrade! If your router hasn't automatically prompted you to upgrade, you can download the firmware from the official NETGEAR R8500 support page.
Several features and enhancements are offered in this update, including improvements to OpenVPN throughput, enhanced 2.4 GHz performance in environments with high intereference, and more.
New Features & Enhancements:
- Improves general WiFi performance and stability for both 2.4G and 5G bands.
- Improves OpenVPN throughput.
- Supports Airtime Fairness.
- Improves 2.4G performance in environments that have interference.
- Fixes the Smart Connect algorithm for better WiFi selection.
- Fixes the IPv6 firewall issue when IPv6 is 6rd.
- Fixes the issue in which a WiFi client can't access the Internet if it connects to the guest network and Live Parental Control is enabled.
- Fixes the Time Machine admin login fail issue.