AC1450 Troubles

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
bgarcia17
bgarcia17's picture
AC1450 Troubles

I finally decided to 'upgrade' my AC1450 to an R6300v2, but was met with no success.  I, like a couple of others on the net, encountered only a blinking prompt after telnetenable.exe seemed to execute successfully.  So I decided to go bigger and installed the Kong DD-WRT firmware from this site for the AC1450.  A few questions though...

1. Is the firmware file found here complete, or do I need the .bin file too?  I think it's complete, but I want to be sure.  Both routers that I've changed to DD-WRT used what seemed like a complete .CHK file, and both ended up looking very much the same, GUI-wise.  As I've never done the two file method, I am left with a tiny bit of uncertainty.

2. Although DD-WRT fixed the problem I was having with stock Netgear firmware (PS4 online related), I do have an issue where I lose internet access overnight every night.  This does not happen with the Netgear firmware.  Is there a built-in tool to figure out what is causing the problem?  I thought internet access was restored with a reboot, but it may actually require a total reset to default values.  I'll check for sure when I get home later.

Thanks.

bgarcia17
bgarcia17's picture
Just to clarify on problem 2.

Just to clarify on problem 2.  A reset to default values is not needed to restore internet access.  My ISP changed to a DHCP-based login, where one needs to login at his website for service.  Supposedly, this is required every time an unrecognized MAC address is encountered.  I expected this when I first installed the DD-WRT AC1450.  The weird thing is this.  The router is NOT locked up in the morning; I can still access his website to login.  But login attempts just continuously loop until I reboot the router.  Then I can login successfully through the ISP website.  Any ideas if there is a DD-WRT setting that can be causing this?

I guess in the meantime, I'll just schedule a nightly reboot, and login for service every am.  I was hoping to avoid that, but I guess it'll have to do.