DD-WRT R7000 Internet Speed Slower Than it Should Be

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
rscharf
rscharf's picture
DD-WRT R7000 Internet Speed Slower Than it Should Be

Hey everyone, 

I have been running an R7000 at my company for a year or so, and have been having issues with the internet speed of the router.  The modem tests at 200 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up.  Through the router though, we only get about 50 Mbps down.  QoS is turned on, and we use the router as a VPN server.  Logging is also turned off.  I recently updated it to the Kong 3-30-2016 firmware, but this hasn't fixed it. 

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it? 

curxxx
curxxx's picture
DDWRT is causing this, and to

DDWRT is causing this, and to fix you need to flash back to Netgear's firmware. This is a known issue with DD-WRT on the R7000,

SignedAdam
SignedAdam's picture
This is not a DD-WRT problem,

This is not a DD-WRT problem, turn off QoS and your speeds should change to full

SignedAdam
SignedAdam's picture
if you still have problems in

if you still have problems in DD-WRT, Try a 30/30/30, hold the reset button for 30 sconds, as the router is on, then power it down, then hold it again for 30 sconds, with no power, then keep hold of it as you turn the router on, this is why its called 30/30/30, any problems, go to this link :

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Hard_reset_or_30/30/30

this should fix any internet problems, you will need to set everything up again, but if you want full speed internet, dont setup QoS unless you know how to set all the speed limits