KONG Mod dated 1-18-2017

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mastec
Mastec's picture
KONG Mod dated 1-18-2017

I installed Kong dated 1-18-2017 onto my R6250's.  Everything looked good, ran great and later in the evening after about 6 hours the routers crashed.  Lost internet and unable to access the router.  Only way to gain control was reboot, which took longer than usual.  I reset the router and reconfigured only to have it do it again.  So I loaded the one dated 01-14-2017 and it ran perfect with zero crashes.  I let it run for days then reinstalled 1-18-2017, later that night the routers crashed.  Figuring it was the routersbeginning to fail I reinstalled Netgear and they ran fine for 5 days.  Two days ago I reinstalled 1-14-2017 and both routers have been running fine.  Never had an issue with Kong's firmware before.

Mastec
Mastec's picture
I installed the latest update

I installed the latest update dated 02-03-2017 early this morning and everything is working good.  No crashes and I can still access the router.

Mastec
Mastec's picture
I installed the latest

I installed the latest version dated 2-3-2017 and my main router crashed again.  So I really don't think it's Kongs firmware.  I am replacing it with a Asus RT-AC3100 with Merlin installed.