Kong Mod USB/FTP/SAMBA/OPENVPN build 15000

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kong
Kong's picture
Kong Mod USB/FTP/SAMBA/OPENVPN build 15000

Hi guys,

here is my mod with different feature set.

Differences:

-minidlna not included

-openvpn included

Download

@Peter, maybe we could add a second download link which holds this version

nukie
nukie's picture
Thanks, Kong :)

Thanks, Kong :)

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture
Hey Kong, I'll work on

Hey Kong, I'll work on getting this posted in the downloads section separately, you should see it soon. Cheers!

dragonator
dragonator's picture
I have an problem accessing

I have an problem accessing the proftpd content when i choose different port from the default 21.

Striatum
Striatum's picture
Did someone tested openvpn

Did someone tested openvpn client ? With a simple login/password and ca.crt config..

Thanks

ArtemR
ArtemR's picture
Try to install this firmware

Try to install this firmware and have this results:

1) Kong Mod USB/FTP/SAMBA/OPENVPN build 15000

2) Netgear FW

Netgear WNR3500L, L2TP, 20 Mb/sec.

Roc
Roc's picture
Hi All,

Hi All,

I've installed this package (dd-wrt-usb-ftp-samba3-vpn-O2-v24-K26-broadcom.bin) on my WNR3500L. First of all, thanks for making this package available!

I'd like to use ssh file transfer to access my USB drive remotely. For this, I would need the openssh-sftp-server package installed, which is not present in your mod.

I installed it with ipkg into jffs:

ipkg install openssh-sftp-server

However, when I try to run it, it stops with:

sftp-server: can't resolve symbol '__uClibc_start_main'

I guess it's some kind of uclibc version compatibility problem. Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Thanks!

Kong
Kong's picture
The package source you

The package source you install from should have a compatible uclibc which you need to install and then load prior to calling sftp-server through LD_PRELOAD.

But for secure transfers you don't need openssh-server. Just use WinSCP or some other scp client and set file protocol to scp.

Roc
Roc's picture
Kong, thanks for your reply!

Kong, thanks for your reply! With LD_PRELOAD I was able to install the sftp server and now sftp over ssh works!

SCP was not an option for me (I already tried it) since I'd like to mount the drive with sshfs/ExpanDrive, which needs sftp.

However, I have encountered some problems:

1. When I tested the SCP version, I was able to transfer files up&down on the local LAN, but when I was connected from WAN, the uplink file transfer made my WNR3500L reboot (reproducably).

2. With SFTP, the throughputs over LAN are the following: 1200/800 Kbytes/s (DL/UL), while with WAN I measured only 180/70 Kbytes (DL/UL)!!! The DL speed (180Kbytes/s) is limited by my ISP connection (1.5 MBits/s), but the other direction (70Kbytes/s) should not be limited (15 Mbits/s)!

Do you have any idea what causes this?

Btw. I've modified your firmware image and included the SFTP server into the .bin file. If someone needs it I can make it available.

Roc

Kong
Kong's picture
Hmm that's a good question.

Hmm that's a good question.

Since upload causes reboots and the ul speed is bad, there has to be a problem. If I use SCP I come close to the upload speed that my line offers.

I'd check the usb device, power cable if needed etc., also watch the cpu usage on the router with top.
Monitor the traffic with wireshark, maybe there are a lots of retransmissions.

Brandon C
Brandon C's picture

Kong said: Hi guys, here is my mod with different feature set. Differences: -minidlna not included -openvpn included

Have you put together any screen shots or tutorials on how to setup minidlna, Samba, USB setup etc?

If not maybe I can help you with putting a few together. The main reason I ask is because someone here asked me about the Samba settings and the Sling Catcher.

Unfortunately I am testing the Tomato firmware right now and couldn't help. I had the Kong firmware working fine with my Sling Catcher but I didn't bother to create any pics or how-tos.

I will probably re-install it so I can help on this question but before I do so I was hoping someone else had created this info.

If not maybe we can set something up where when anyone configures their Kong DD-WRT that they can submit a how-to on what they did in order to help others.

Kong
Kong's picture
I usually write some here:

I usually write some here: http://tips.desipro.de