Kong's DD-WRT(kongac - 22060) on WNDR4500v1

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
eflame
eflame's picture
Kong's DD-WRT(kongac - 22060) on WNDR4500v1

Hi Kong,

I have noticed that on you current build

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/17/13) kongac (SVN revision 22060)

The 5ghz LED does not light up even though the 5ghz wifi is enabled and and device is successfully connected to the router through it.

I also noticed that to going from Tathagata Das's build to your build i had to flash the initial chk file and then the main bin file upgrading directly just failed. When doing it this way with both flashes it reset the settings to "factory". Is this "working as intended" or a bug?

I was also wondering why the option for custom Samba configs from the GUI is no longer available? could this be added back in?

eFlame

Edit 1: Sorry 2 more questions,

Is Zabbix currently enabled with this firmware on the WNDR4500v1?

Is Privoxy currently enabled with this firmware of the WNDR4500v1?

As I cannot find a webgui page for either of these.

Kong
Kong's picture
eflame said: Hi Kong, I have

eflame said: Hi Kong, I have noticed that on you current build DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/17/13) kongac (SVN revision 22060) The 5ghz LED does not light up even though the 5ghz wifi is enabled and and device is successfully connected to the router through it. I also noticed that to going from Tathagata Das's build to your build i had to flash the initial chk file and then the main bin file upgrading directly just failed. When doing it this way with both flashes it reset the settings to "factory". Is this "working as intended" or a bug? I was also wondering why the option for custom Samba configs from the GUI is no longer available? could this be added back in? eFlame Edit 1: Sorry 2 more questions, Is Zabbix currently enabled with this firmware on the WNDR4500v1? Is Privoxy currently enabled with this firmware of the WNDR4500v1? As I cannot find a webgui page for either of these.

Tathagatas build does not accept current dd-wrt builds, that is normal, since at the time he created his build he did not know how future builds for dd-wrt will be created.

Next build, which I'm currently compiling will include zabbix and privoxy again.

buddee
buddee's picture
Kong said:

Kong said:

eflame said: Hi Kong, I have noticed that on you current build DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/17/13) kongac (SVN revision 22060) The 5ghz LED does not light up even though the 5ghz wifi is enabled and and device is successfully connected to the router through it. I also noticed that to going from Tathagata Das's build to your build i had to flash the initial chk file and then the main bin file upgrading directly just failed. When doing it this way with both flashes it reset the settings to "factory". Is this "working as intended" or a bug? I was also wondering why the option for custom Samba configs from the GUI is no longer available? could this be added back in? eFlame Edit 1: Sorry 2 more questions, Is Zabbix currently enabled with this firmware on the WNDR4500v1? Is Privoxy currently enabled with this firmware of the WNDR4500v1? As I cannot find a webgui page for either of these.

Tathagatas build does not accept current dd-wrt builds, that is normal, since at the time he created his build he did not know how future builds for dd-wrt will be created. Next build, which I'm currently compiling will include zabbix and privoxy again.

Any chance that we can get k2.6, instead of just the kongac builds?

eflame
eflame's picture
Hi Kong,

Hi Kong,

I can't get the router to connect to the Zabbix server. I have successfully connected my computer (via the zabbix agent) to the zabbix server however the router won't. Is there any way i can troubleshoot this further on the router side?

i tried logging into the router via telnet/ssh but using the commands i know of wasn't able to get much info

Thanks for all your work on DD-WRT it is very much appreciated.

eFlame

Kong
Kong's picture
Check your servers firewall,

Check your servers firewall, check /tmp/zabbix.conf if ips are correct, check if zabbix_agentd is running.

eflame
eflame's picture
Ok thanks got it going now,

Ok thanks got it going now, do you have a template for import into the server which matches well with your firmware? if so could you pop it somewhere on your website for download?

Jeff Burns
Jeff Burns's picture
FYI: Be sure to reboot the

FYI: Be sure to reboot the router AFTER enabling for Zabbix. Apply Settings will not take effect for this setting.

Sorry to resurrect an older post - Since this was the first thing that showed up when I did a google, I thought I'd add a quick procedural update to help anyone else who stumbled on this. :)

Cheers!

JiangLewis
JiangLewis's picture
I am very happy to test this

I am very happy to test this project, to help you improve it     [email protected]