Lastest Tomato Firmware 1.27.9045 BETA11

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
LJB
LJB's picture
Lastest Tomato Firmware 1.27.9045 BETA11

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to thank everyone for all the great articles, How-to's and informative forum threads! Smile

I recently purchased a Netgear WNR3500L and immediately upgraded to DD-WRT.  The firmware worked fine but seemed to be overkill for my needs.  After doing some research on Tomato I decided to give it a shot and installed version 1.27.9045 BETA11.  So far, it has been an absolute pleasure to work with and has been rock solid on my wired and wireless LAN. Cool

Thanks again for all the excellent work!

Larry

Peter Redmer
Peter Redmer's picture
You're welcome Larry - thanks

You're welcome Larry - thanks go out to all the experts out there who make this community what it is!

Photo-Nerd
Photo-Nerd's picture
I had problems with my

I had problems with my wireless via tomato. It actually had a weak signal and crashed. I had to reboot the router and went back to the default netgear firmware.

Do you think I had it set up wrong? Any ideas / suggestions?

LJB
LJB's picture
Photo-Nerd, do you get a

Photo-Nerd, do you get a strong signal with the default firmware? You can raise the transmit power under Advanced/Wireless settings and see if that will help.

Also, when you say it "crashed" did the router firmware crash or did your wireless just drop out?

Larry

Photo-Nerd
Photo-Nerd's picture
Honestly, I think it was the

Honestly, I think it was the USB N adapter I was using. I returned them today, moved the router a few feet away, installed tomato, and running wireless at 802.11g. All is working fine.

When I mean crashed, I mean all internet wired and wireless ceased... I had to reboot the router.

So far today tomato with 802.11g is fine.

Can you hurt the router by raising the transmit power?

LJB
LJB's picture
Happy to hear you're up and

Happy to hear you're up and running again!  Cool

So the firmware did crash.  Frown  Keep in mind that it is still in BETA so an occasional crash is not that unusual.  My install has been very stable.  I have only rebooted the router once and that was due issues I had while setting up a CIFS Client to log my bandwidth traffic.

I'm not using wireless N at the present time though, so I can't comment on that mode's stability.  Wireless G mode is working great!

As far as the transmit power, I've read posts that indicate that it is possible to raise the power too much and cause damage.  What that threshold is though, I don't know.  I've left mine at the Tomato default for now.

Photo-Nerd
Photo-Nerd's picture
Yeah...I've got mine running

Yeah...I've got mine running at default and the 802.11G is working just fine.

Is it that N just isn't ready for prime time yet?