new wnr3500l

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
donkey
donkey's picture
new wnr3500l

i received my new 3500L a few days ago and to my suprise there was no QSG and no RJ11 cable and upon downloading the QSG i discovered that it is correct that they not included now because the router is gigabit a standard RJ11 cable woul d not sufficient (in my opinion), so where could i buy a sufficent compatable RJ11 cable ?

or what is the cable called that replaces the RJ11 cable called ?

donkey
donkey's picture
edit: please correct me if i

edit: please correct me if i'm wrong, but i think i've made a mistake by buying this WNR3500L because the unit is a router only so i would need a modem to use it

am i correct ?

if i'm correct could someone please recommend one ?

thank you all, for everything

donkey
donkey's picture
thank you kt, could you

thank you kt, could you please recommend a decent modem to put with this router ?

donkey
donkey's picture
kt_haddock said: No I can't I

kt_haddock said: No I can't I use fiber but Zyxel have always make good modems.

can't find any Zyxel modems, only integrated modem / routers Cry

i understand kt, can anybody else recommend a modem (preferably with a link) ?

replabrobin
replabrobin's picture
I use a tp-link td-8816 adsl2

I use a tp-link td-8816 adsl2 modem router with the WNR3500L. I have set it up as a bridged router so the 3500 handles login etc etc. I use toastman's tomato on the 3500 and have set up the 3500L on 192.182.0.1 with a separate local LAN on 192.168.1.x for the tp link.

donkey
donkey's picture
replabrobin said: I use a tp

replabrobin said: I use a tp-link td-8816 adsl2 modem router with the WNR3500L. I have set it up as a bridged router so the 3500 handles login etc etc. I use toastman's tomato on the 3500 and have set up the 3500L on 192.182.0.1 with a separate local LAN on 192.168.1.x for the tp link.

isn't tp-link td-8816 a adsl modem (10/100) :confused: how many routers / modems do you have ?

anyway i've an old Zyxel modem / router (P660H-D1) so could i possibly upgrade the modem part to 10/100/1000 and use it bridged with my 3500L ?

BTW: i'll be upgrading to fiber in a couple of months or when finances allow, so if upgrading the P660H-D1 is a no go then i'll soon need a fiber modem soon, so any recommendations any welcome

P.S. i'm a linux user