R7000 League of Legends

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eddie Huang
Eddie Huang's picture
R7000 League of Legends

I've had this router for the past 2 or 3 weeks or so. but for the love of me wifi 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections are getting packet loss ONLY when playing league of legends. there are plenty of people that have been complaining about this on the LoL website. no idea whats going on or whats causing it. and i've tried every firmware even the beta stock netgear ones. if i didnt know any better its something in the way the software handles upstream data. i can get speedtests all day long. but right when my game starts to lag out i can still access the internet. so its something to do with their upstream packets i think. anyone have any ideas? otherwise its going back since my housemates cant take it much more. lols..

Eddie Huang
Eddie Huang's picture
here are some articles so you
JAMESMTL
JAMESMTL's picture
What FW version are you using

What FW version are you using? DD-WRT or stock netgear FW?

Eddie Huang
Eddie Huang's picture
i've tried the DD-WRT stock

i've tried the DD-WRT stock and kong and the stock netgear ones and beta netgear ones they all do the same thing.. its like the wierdest thing..

JAMESMTL
JAMESMTL's picture
I would give the following FW

I would give the following FW's a try

Netgear's latest FW V1.0.3.24_1.1.20.chk which can be found at ftp://downloads.netgear.com/r7000/us/

Kong's latest DD-WRT FW R23550-r01 found at http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/r23550-R01/

With both FWs I would do a proper factory reset then reconfigure your router manually. Do not restore saved settings

Hope this helps

Eddie Huang
Eddie Huang's picture
i've already tried all those

i've already tried all those versions. and the issue still crops up. not sure what else i can do lols...