WN802Tv2 bricked

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
DC31378
DC31378's picture
WN802Tv2 bricked

Hello there, I have a Wn802Tv2, and purchased a USB to TTL cable using pinouts that another user had success with. 

Thing is, Putty opens but will not let me type anything in the terminal window, and I cannot ping the device.

I have used the config suggested, checked COM port numbers etc but there seems to be something preventing it fully communicating. 

Would you be able to help me in any way or suggest something to try/check please? 

All I am getting is a flashing green cursor.

I work with these things and I would love to be able to do this as it would save me so much money and stress! 

Many thanks, David

sAxk23
sAxk23's picture
I know this is an old post...

I know this is an old post... but I've been tinkering with 5 or 6 of these lately.

I used the TTL cable a few years back and successfully saved a couple that had fried.. updated others.  But there was one that I couldn't save.

I recently broke out the multimeter and found that the reset switch had failed on two of them.  One had shorted the other wouldn't short.

One was resolved by lots of cleaning with toothbrush and patience (and maybe some electrical contact cleaner and/or isopropyl).  The other, I had to replace the switch.

Anyway... if you still have it, hit the reset with some 91% or better rubbing alcohol and give it time to dry... see if it comes back.

They're great to put around the house in weak spots... the gig port still holds up.  Bridging works but you only get half speed of the other end (makes sense).

Cheers...