WNDR3800 loses internet on wireless and ethernet

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Crash25744
Crash25744's picture
WNDR3800 loses internet on wireless and ethernet

I've had this router for about 3 months with no problems until the last 2 weeks. The router works great for approx a day or 2 then I lose both wireless and wired connection. All light's are normal on the router when this occurs. I try to login to the router through a wired connection using the genie and it can not connect. I also try to via web using my ip remote access login. And still nothing. After turning off the router for 10 seconds using the power button the router operates properly. I have removed all power from the modem and router for up to 30 minutes then turned the modem on then the router. So far it still loses internet daily. Any help would be great. Thanks 

Router- WNDR3800 firmware version- v1.0.0.40Cable

modem- Cisco model- DPC3010, DOCSIS- 3.0

ISP Charter Cable- 30mbps 

Michael Klatsky
Michael Klatsky's picture
I am just adding that I have

I am just adding that I have recently been experiencing the same issue. Quite frustrating. I've rolled back to V1.0.0.38 after upgrading through to V1.0.0.44 which seems to be very broken.

Crash25744
Crash25744's picture
I wound up installing my

I wound up installing my previous router I had before buying the wndr3800. My Internet was back up and running without any issues. I went about 3 weeks of changing settings, firmware, etc. Netgear has sent me a RMA number to swap my router under the warranty. Hopefully the new router I receive will actually operate properly. Good luck!