WNE3500L slow Wifi file transfer speed 3,5MB/S MAX

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
yalayala
yalayala's picture
WNE3500L slow Wifi file transfer speed 3,5MB/S MAX

Hey guy's

After testing the file transfer speed on my WNR3500L Router with 3 different firmwares, have I still not got over 3.5MB/S ?

I've tryed only N network wireless on it and I've tryed 2 diffent Pc's with N network card's NONE of them trasfers data faster then 3,5MB/S

I have full signal and I got a good N network card and in the task manager under network when I'm connected to my WNR3500L does it say 300Mbit and I can only use around 5-12% of it ?

Hope you guy's could help me out :) ?

a.arun
a.arun's picture
Hey ..

Hey ..
try to disable firewall then check the downloading speed.There might be chances that you might get the better results...mostly i think it is a firewall issue!!!
Try to change the network card speed also.

Sudipta
Sudipta's picture
What channel are you using?

What channel are you using? There may be interference problem with your selected channel? Try with another channel.

yalayala
yalayala's picture
Hey :)

Hey :)

I've made a search so my router use the channel no other router use in my radius. And its all det same transfer

Btw. my netcard is a "DWA-547 Rangetbooster N" with the newest firmware

yalayala
yalayala's picture
Tryed disabling my firewall's

Tryed disabling my firewall's and it's still the same :/ btw. When I use cabel between my pc's it works fine.

just some spec's

Netcard: "DWA-547 Rangetbooster N"
Motherboard: Asus P5K deluxe Wifi-AP
CPU: Q6600
RAM: 4x1gb pc6400
GFX: Radeon HD5770
PSU: 520watt corsair

a.arun
a.arun's picture
ok.

ok.
Try to change the ports on the router then check the speed on the wired connection.If it is still same change the network card speed.
Or you can disable the firewall on the router which is in the wan setup of the router.
Try to check that you are using the latest firmeware of the router beacuse the router you are using it is an open source router.
....Remember try to use CAT 5 cabel for any network connections to upgrade the firmware of the router..
Try do not use any other wireless device like MICROWAVE OVEN,or cordless phones..they might cause wireless interference on the wireless connection.
For Wireless settings
channel use 06,11,09 and mode should be mix mode....and wireless security WEP.
This might help you.

Kong
Kong's picture
Hi yalayala,

Hi yalayala,

Okay, the dlink card supports dual stream N, now to make sure you are running in dual stream mode.
What connection speed is windows reporting? The speed should be above 150Mbps.
For dual stream you need to use certain channels, by default channel 6 is used with a channel width of 40Mhz.

a.arun
a.arun's picture
Right ,

Right ,
Now you have to change the mode of the router to 300mbps or 270 mbps which will be in wireless settings of the router.
Do check the firmware of the router it should be latest.

yalayala
yalayala's picture
My router say's

My router say's

Wireless Mode Access Point
Wireless Network Mode Auto
Radio Enabled
SSID Kussen
Security WPA2 Personal (PSK) + AES
Channel 10 - 2.457 GHz
Channel Width 40 MHz
Interference Level
Rate 243 Mbps

and my windows is reporting 300mbit

a.arun
a.arun's picture
Look,

Look,
According to you the windows is showing 300 mbit but data transfer rate is very low
Now first of all you have to check that r u coming across same kind of difficulty on any other device which is connected with u r wireless network .
Sometimes it happens that u get the indication on windows that u have good signal strength but u wont get good data transfer rate.
In such case u have to check that how many devices are working simultaneously at a time because this issue also happens if you have connected many computer on your network at a time.Do check that security you have enabled is secured or not.
Plz check how many devices are connected with u r router . Which u can see on the attached device of the router.
Try to change the wireless network key pass phrase...
use mac filtering on the router.So that no body from outside try to use ur network.

Kong
Kong's picture
yalayala said: My router say

yalayala said: My router say's Wireless Mode Access Point Wireless Network Mode Auto Radio Enabled SSID Kussen Security WPA2 Personal (PSK) + AES Channel 10 - 2.457 GHz Channel Width 40 MHz Interference Level Rate 243 Mbps and my windows is reporting 300mbit

Channel 10 cannot be used for dual stream N, if any client reports 300MBit, then he doesn't honor the standard or is just simply wrong, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11n-2009#40.C2.A0MHz_in_2.4.C2.A0GHz

only channel 5 to 9 is working with 40Mhz width. Using channel 10 will result in using 40Mhz "below" and not both "below" "above"

yalayala
yalayala's picture
Hey KONG nice to know :D

Hey KONG nice to know :D changing it now :) ... btw. a.arun I've cheched and right now it's only me there is on the router.