WOL in linksys E3000

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anthony Rocco
Anthony Rocco's picture
WOL in linksys E3000

So I have a little of a problem. I have WOL working perfectly on my Linksys E3000 with latest version of DD-wrt. The problem is it only works on WIFI (local network) the whole point of WOL is to be able to turn on your computer away from the house. I believe the problem arises from my ISP. I live in the middle of nowhere and my only broadband comes from a guy who buys a T3 line and sells it out over motorola 5.4 ghz wimax radios to his customers. Other words I have a router behind a router. When I want to launch WOL, or any services that require an IP address, whatismyip reveals an IP address that is the same for all of his customers, I confirmed this with my neighbors internet. The thing is we all get different static IP addresses this is how he tells us apart. So how do I launch WOL on say my phone 3g/4g connection the ip address from whatismyip.com will not work because I believe it is to the T3 lines address, is there away around this?

Anthony Rocco
Anthony Rocco's picture
also for some reason I can

also for some reason I can only get WOL to launch in webgui now my android app WAKEONLAN will not get my pc to fire if i ip address my phone 192.168.1.1 I can get it to go, I just want to be able to launch it away from home.

Anthony Rocco
Anthony Rocco's picture
or is there a way to use

or is there a way to use openvpn to do over internet?