KONG summer 19 version for R7000

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
ror666
ror666's picture
KONG summer 19 version for R7000

Hi Guys,

I have a pretty good ISP with 500Mbps download speed. However i have noticed that the latest stable KONg built for the R7000 gives me at most half WAN speeds. Anybody else has the issue? For now I have gone back to the stable fall 2018 release which seems to work great. Is there anyway to get the feedback to teh developer of Kong?

MOR-BS
MOR-BS's picture
Kong's developer isn't coming

Kong's developer isn't coming back anymore :(

Look at the message he left in this txt:

http://www.desipro.de/dd-wrt/

ror666
ror666's picture
Yes, I've red the message.

Yes, I've red the message. Back to brainslayer then and a BIG thank you to Kong. I managed to upgrade to brainslayer straight from kong and all seems stable.

pacmanic
pacmanic's picture
I am assuming everything on

I am assuming everything on ftp share under beta (link below) are brainslayer builds?  If so, is there any way to know which build is the most stable as there are builds every week?

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/

Para Dox
Para Dox's picture
I cannot get jffs to mount

I cannot get jffs to mount with the latest Kong build (06/08/2019)

I am running Privoxy and OpenVPN with Private Internet Access.

I have added a 16GB USB2 flash drive formatted as EXT2 filesystem which mounts jffs fine with the v3.0-r36698M std (08/22/18) build (but won't fix the 06/08/2019 build problem)

I performed an enable 'Clean Internal Flash Storage' and 'Apply Settings', then disable/apply again.

Space Usage: NVRAM 53 KB / 64 KB

Memory
Total Available: 97%   254576 kB / 262144 kB
Free: 76%   192560 kB / 254576 kB
Used: 24%   62016 kB / 254576 kB

I have had to roll back to the old v3.0-r36698M std (08/22/18)

Does anybody know how to fix this?

.... Paradox

Para Dox
Para Dox's picture
I cannot get jffs to mount

I cannot get jffs to mount with the latest Kong build (06/08/2019)

I am running Privoxy and OpenVPN with Private Internet Access.

I have added a 16GB USB2 flash drive formatted as EXT2 filesystem which mounts jffs fine with the v3.0-r36698M std (08/22/18) build (but won't fix the 06/08/2019 build problem)

I performed an enable 'Clean Internal Flash Storage' and 'Apply Settings', then disable/apply again.

Space Usage: NVRAM 53 KB / 64 KB

Memory
Total Available: 97%   254576 kB / 262144 kB
Free: 76%   192560 kB / 254576 kB
Used: 24%   62016 kB / 254576 kB

I have had to roll back to the old v3.0-r36698M std (08/22/18)

Does anybody know how to fix this?

.... Paradox

ror666
ror666's picture
Nope, that was the good thing

Nope, that was the good thing about Kong he did create stable builts. Now its tryal and error. So far so good, I'm using the 41027 built and that works for me. So unless there is major security vulnerebilities I keep using this built for a long time.

ror666
ror666's picture
Well as Kong didnt have much

Well as Kong didnt have much time anymore the latets built did not work for me either. You either keep using the old one or move to Brainslayer builts.

Para Dox
Para Dox's picture
Regarding: "So unless there

Regarding: "So unless there is major security vulnerebilities I keep using this built for a long time."

Question: Where do I find the bug reports with security vulnerabilities and the list of bug fixes? 

I cannot find them anywhere.

.... Paradox

Para Dox
Para Dox's picture
Regarding: "So unless there

Regarding: "So unless there is major security vulnerebilities I keep using this built for a long time."

Question: Where do I find the bug reports with security vulnerabilities and the list of bug fixes? 

I cannot find them anywhere.

.... Paradox

ror666
ror666's picture
If there is a heavy security

If there is a heavy security vulneribility it gets into my newsfeed. One thing that helps: If Netgear itself pushes a new firmware version always check if its for security reasons. When such a thing happens I dig deeper and try to find out if the DD WRT builts have a patch too, if so I update.

"Question: Where do I find the bug reports with security vulnerabilities and the list of bug fixes?"

3v3ntH0riz0n
3v3ntH0riz0n's picture
Where are the brain slayer

Where are the brain slayer builds?  Is it just that most recent summer release?  I have searched and can't seem to find anything regarding R7000 DD-WRT brain slayer builds.