r7000p want to go back to default firmware

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
ambaalamps
ambaalamps's picture
r7000p want to go back to default firmware
I have a netgear R7000P I flashed it with DD-WRT from here http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/ this is the file i used. dd-wrt.K3_R7000P.chk I am not getting what i want out of it. I was wanting access restriction. which did not work on any device but my cell phone. I also can't seem to get the 5g AC band to work for wireless. 

I am wanting to revert back to the netgear firmware. I have a fortinet that I am going to default and use as my router and use the nighthawk in AP mode. 

I went to administration > firmware upgrade went to please select a file to upgrade. used this file R7000P-V1.3.1.44_10.1.23.chk i got that from netgear's site. I selected Don't reset under After Flashing, reset to. I click upgrade. It goes very quickly and then i am back at dd-wrt. I cleared cache and cookies. Closed the browser and then back in. Still dd-wrt. 

What steps am i missing. I would like to default it. I have a better option to do what i need for access control and the netgear will make a great wireless AP. 

If you have done this what am i missing. 

If there is a walk through i would like that. 

Thanks

have a great day 

:)
DocDragon
DocDragon's picture
Let me see if I can help you.

Let me see if I can help you.

For me, the process of reverting back to the stock FW was not very logical, and therefore, I painstakingly wrote it down for myself as described below since I'm no professional. However, you need two files first which I zipped for you onto my Mediafire drive:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/q79rhrnc1jr5cay/Revert_to_Stock_R7000_FW....

The zip files (~52 MB) contains:
1. dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin and
2. R7000-V1.0.9.12_1.2.23.chk

And yes, that's an older Genie FW version, but at least you could upgrade from there.

So here is the step-by-step process which hopefully works for you:

=======
To restore to NETGEAR Genie stock firmware:

1. Select dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin image first and select erase default configuration after flash.

2. After DD-WRT boots, flash the R7000-V1.0.9.12_1.2.23.chk file. Wait until Genie boots up.

3. Erase settings using reset button. Just push and hold the button -- Power LED
will change color from white to orange, and after a few seconds will blink,
then release button. Router should automatically reboot.

### logins:
Original Netgear firmware: admin:password
Tomato: admin:admin
DD-WRT: root:admin
OpenWRT: root:NULL
###

Good luck!

DD