Entware install with Voxel's V1.0.2.59SF firmware

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
nickat1
nickat1's picture
Entware install with Voxel's V1.0.2.59SF firmware

HI all,

I'm really new to this and need some help.  I've flashed my R7800 with the Voxel's  V1.0.2.59SF firmware, I've set up SSH and it's all fine. I've now tried to setup Entware. I've followed the guide. I've formatted a USB stick as EXT2. I've untarred the entware-cortexa15-3x-initial.tar.gz on to it and then rebooted the router.

My stick is seen as /mnt/sda5 - does that matter? , the guide refers to sda1.

Once the router has rebooted I tried the ls - l /opt* command, but the directory doesn't exist.

What I'm doing wrong please. I'm trying to get OpenVPN on the router so that I can run NordVPN.

Any help and advice will be much appreciated

Thanks, Nick.

kamoj
kamoj's picture
There is no need to install

There is no need to install ssh or entware to use the openvpn-client.
Read Voxels documentation and you can see that you just have to put 2 files on a USB-device and the insert it in the router.

Also look here for more help:
https://www.myopenrouter.com/comment/43128#comment-43128
PS
It shall be "ls -l /opt*", without space between "-" and "l".

nickat1
nickat1's picture
Thanks Kamoj,

Thanks Kamoj,

I'll check out the link, but I would still like to understand where I'm going wrong with the entware install.  " ls -l /opt* " says there's no such directory.

Thanks.

Voxel
Voxel's picture
Try to:

Try to:

1. Upgrade to 1.0.2.60SF (1.0.2.59SF is not quite good: Wi-Fi dropouts as a result of problem in the stock 1.0.2.58).

2. Make your /opt manually: telnet to router; and run

mkdir /opt

and reboot.

P.S. Some countries block NG cloud site updates1.netgear.com. The last is a source of ReadyCLOUD installation which should create the directory /opt. But seems not in your case. Just for statistics please pass me info what is your country in P.M.

Voxel.

nickat1
nickat1's picture
Hi Voxel, thanks for the

Hi Voxel, thanks for the reply. Where can I download 1.0.2.60SF, I can only see 1.0.2.59SF available on this site.

Thanks.

Voxel
Voxel's picture
Hi Voxel, thanks for the

Hi Voxel, thanks for the reply. Where can I download 1.0.2.60SF, I can only see 1.0.2.59SF available on this site.

My site is: 

https://www.voxel-firmware.com/Downloads/Voxel/html/index.html

Voxel.

nickat1
nickat1's picture
Great, thanks Voxel.

Great, thanks Voxel.