DD-WRT Kong 2016 (slow wireless speeds)

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
mclean211
mclean211's picture
DD-WRT Kong 2016 (slow wireless speeds)

I flashed my Netgear R6400 yesterday, set up my wireless channels and so on just as they were setup on the stock firmware, and my speeds were cut by about a third (180 down on the 5 GHz cut down to 60 GHz). Is there some sort of setting, different from the stock settings, that's limiting my speeds?

Thanks in advance for any help,
McLean

mclean211
mclean211's picture
The "GHz" after the the 60 is

The "GHz" after the the 60 is a typo

mclean211
mclean211's picture
For those of you who may also

For those of you who may also have this problem, here's where I found the solution:

http://tips.desipro.de/2014/02/12/wireless-starters-guide-for-first-time...

tweakradje
tweakradje's picture
Sorry for asking but what on

Sorry for asking but what on that page was the solution for slow wifi speed on 5Ghz then?

mclean211
mclean211's picture
No problem, I should've been

No problem, I should've been more clear. What solved my problem was increasing the channel width.

tweakradje
tweakradje's picture
Ah thanks. I had to do a

Ah thanks. I had to do a 'erase nvram' and reboot. Then select country EUROPE to get maximal bandwidth for 2.4 and 5 Ghz.

odurouter
odurouter's picture
None of these solutions

None of these solutions worked for me.  I am only getting half the bandwidth i was getting on stock.  

Ceelos218
Ceelos218's picture
try the new Tomato Firmware..

try the new Tomato Firmware...  this thing is awesome

mclean211
mclean211's picture
I just checked the Tomato

I just checked the Tomato site for firmware for the R6400 and I don't see it listed. Ceelos, are you using an R6400?

mclean211
mclean211's picture
If your channel width is

If your channel width is maxed, maybe you could try adjusting your channel extensions.

tweakradje
tweakradje's picture
From dd-wrt build 30370 (2016
From dd-wrt build 30370 (2016/08/10) most wireless performance issues are solved!

I am using KONG and BRAINSLAYER newest version mixed whoever comes first. Great performance on the R6400.

Cheers
nowinsight
nowinsight's picture
I just flashed "DD-WRT "Kong

I just flashed "DD-WRT "Kong Mod" for NETGEAR R6400 2016-09-27" on my R6400 and was getting half of what my regular internet speed was for download (supposed to get 100mpbs but was seeing 50mbps on 5ghz).

Like mclean211 mentioned, I went and changed Channel Width to "VHT80 (80 MHz)", left Wireless Channel on auto, and left Extension Channel on lower lower. Now I'm seeing 100mbps down again.

Thanks for the help guys!