Developer Voxel is new on the MyOpenRouter scene, and was determined to find a way for advanced users to get the most from their R7500v1 and R7800v1 NETGEAR routers. These custom firmwares, made by Voxel especially for these devices, leverages Entware-ng to unlock more power and features from these routers. Voxel cites improvements in OpenVPN speeds, improvements of SAMBA file transfer and FTP server speeds, the ability to set up your own web server on Entware-ng, and even set up your own Tor/Privoxy!
Reading Voxel's README is highly recommended; many details have been
included there to help you get started with these packages. Support
files are available via each individual download link as well.
Changelog for 126.96.36.199SF
1. Integration with stock 188.8.131.52.
From Netgear notes to 184.108.40.206:
New Features and Enhancements:
* Opens the DFS channel for Japan.
* Supports the access control feature when the router operates in AP mode.
* Fixes the issue in which the IPV6 SPI-filter doesn't work when IPv6 use same PPPoE session as IPv4.
* Fixed some minor bugs.
Additional changes (found during my integration):
* ReadyCLOUD version is upgraded.
* Qualcomm drivers (firmware) are upgraded (5GHz).
* GPIO driver is changed (kernel level).
* Kernel signal scheme (interaction with Busybox) is added.
* WebGUI is optimized a bit.
* Netgear Downloader is optimized a bit.
2. ethtool version is upgraded 3.4.1->4.8.
3. e2fsprogs versinon is upgraded 1.43.1->1.43.3.
4. Changes several scripts to use direct path to firmware /bin/opkg (to avoid conflicts with opkg from Entware).
5. Bug with HiLink modem mode switch is correctd (tested by Vladlenas with Huawei E3372 HiLink modem, thanks to him).
6. Few minor bugs are fixed.