Last post
savagepagan
savagepagan's picture
Have you tried this yet?

Have you tried this yet?

e38BimmerFN
e38BimmerFN's picture
This is not the actuall

This is not the actuall installable FW file, this is the GPL code that has to be compiled...

savagepagan
savagepagan's picture
Ok.

Ok.

pege63
pege63's picture
And how do you do that?

And how do you do that?

e38BimmerFN
e38BimmerFN's picture
How do you do what?

How do you do what?

Rushboy
Rushboy's picture
I think he asking about how

I think he asking about how to compiled the software 

roc342
roc342's picture
liking it so far 

liking it so far 

pege63
pege63's picture
Then compiled the software

Then compiled the software and let us have it upload it.

e38BimmerFN
e38BimmerFN's picture
check ur PM....

check ur PM....

pege63
pege63's picture
I am in now under pege63

I am in now under pege63

heidarren85
heidarren85's picture
Netgeat has just released

Netgeat has just released XR500 new Firmware V2.3.2.18

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.18.zip

nasser23
nasser23's picture
Hello,

Hello,

I'm interested in installing DumaOS on my R7800. I currently have ddwrt kong's build 35900. Do I have to revert my R7800 to stock FW before flashing DumaOS FW? OR I can flash to DumaOS through ddwrt GUI directly? I don't want to brick my R7800. Thank you 

NATHANK
NATHANK's picture
can you share the new fw

can you share the new fw updated. I liked the interface and some works and some dont except vpn server never worked.

Also why the remote option is disabled in this firmware. Not sure but orignal R7800 works well even with voxel's as its still stock firmware updated libraries .

i wonder  the same monitoring is possible in mobile app. Like asus mobile app which gives intant update on current network activity etc.

phinn
phinn's picture
Don't suppose you can write

Don't suppose you could write an unofficial guide so one of us can take the rains and update DumaOS builds as they come out for the R7800... unless you're willing to take that on too. cool

Your Vortex builds, OpenWrt 18.06+, and DD-WRT are all so good for the R7800 but would be awesome to have this choice too.

tolga9009
tolga9009's picture
In order to setup a working

In order to setup a working build environment for the XR500, I've taken a step back an tried to get a working environment for the R7800. Ubuntu 12.04 32bit seems to be a good candidate regarding build tool versions. Most of the stuff went well, until samba failed to build. I'm using unmodified 1.0.2.52 source. Also tried to compile Voxel's R7800 sources, but it requires good amount of manual work to setup (mainly searching and downloading 80+ packages in "dl" one by one).

If anyone had success building from GPL sources using another OS / OS version, please let me know.

tolga9009
tolga9009's picture
Update: after disabling samba

Update: after disabling samba, the R7800 build ran just fine. I've settled down to Ubuntu 14.04.5, as it was the latest working version. Found out by trial-and-error. Regarding Voxel's FW, it seems the majority of "dl" folder content gets populated by running "make download". However, as some crucial git repositories weren't accessible for me (such as qca-git01.qualcomm.com) and I couldn't find the needed files anywhere else, I couldn't build the firmware.

Now about the XR500: I've had a few hiccups. First problem: target/linux spits out some errors. I've used files from R7800 whenever there were issues with the XR500 ones. So far, I wasn't able to build a successful image from source, but I'm on it.

NATHANK
NATHANK's picture
can we have this one compiled

can we have this one compiled header changed for R7800

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.22.zip

upnp issue fixed

rk8531
rk8531's picture
@XVortex Can you please

@XVortex Can you please provide us the updated dumaos for the R7800

XVortex
XVortex's picture
Here we go v2.3.2.22 for

Here we go v2.3.2.22 for R7800: link

https://mega.nz/#!0gFDEYLS!aOvJoL6aEF2v6jeFVLvdl49QmM4c4Rtc0AoepetcCqg
bouwew
bouwew's picture
Thank you Sir!

Thank you Sir!

Choppyc79
Choppyc79's picture
Thank you

Thank you

sovercngear
sovercngear's picture
There is a ssh service

There is a ssh service running that is accessible from both internal and external networks.  I have tried common user/pass's but could never log in or find a way to turn this off. 

FYI for all running this.

reid.entify.user
reid.entify.user's picture
I restored the stock fw on my

I restored the stock fw on my R7800 and I want to try some DumaOS; however, when I use the provided .IMG file it says its an incorrect firmware. I'm trying to flash via UI. Am I doing something wrong?

e38BimmerFN
e38BimmerFN's picture
Sent you a PM...

Sent you a PM...

XVortex
XVortex's picture
About SSH. 2.3.2.22 has the

About SSH. 2.3.2.22 has the same SSH daemon (dropbear) as Voxel’s firmware has. Root or other password access is disabled. To gain access you should copy your own authorized_keys file into /root/.ssh directory (by telnet). Refer the Voxel’s manual for more info.

sovercngear
sovercngear's picture
Thanks for the info about ssh

Thanks for the info about ssh,

karateka
karateka's picture
Thanks for that! Works great,

Thanks for that! Works great, expect that samba doesn't start...

I think the samba is outdated in your DumaOS build. Could you please fix that?

karateka
karateka's picture
So the samba server still

So the samba server still doesn't want to start up for me on dumaOS für R7800, am i the only experiencing this? I really need samba to be working...

roc342
roc342's picture
It's Not Xvortex fault that

It's Not Xvortex fault that samba is not updated, its Netgears. in the officail build its outdated. I have the same problem with mine non duma os R7000, with the latest  OEM Firmware. I really love this Duma for mny R7800, it been wiorking great minus the share thing being outdated. and no downloader 

roc342
roc342's picture
I think 

I think 

Pages